pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: is there a key that...

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: is there a key that...
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 03:54:45 +0000 (UTC)

"Bruce Bowler" <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below,
on  Thu, 23 Nov 2006 14:28:17 -0500:

> When I hit the key, it finds the first group with an unread item in it (g)
> and opens it (n).  Hitting the key again will scroll through that item a
> screen at a time (space).  When at the bottom of that item, it moves to
> the next UNREAD item in that group.  If there are no more unread items in
> that group, it moves to next group (g) that has unread items and opens it
> (n) and so on and so forth (or as the shampoo bottle says, "lather, rinse,
> repeat" ;-)
>
> If such a key exists, what is it?  If such a key doesn't exist, it's off
> to bugzilla to add an enhancement request :-)

It should be that space can be setup to do that, "read more" should be
able to do just that, read to the end and then go to the next group, if you
have it setup to do that.  However, it should be a preference, just as
it's a preference as to whether it does next unread or next message,
regardless of read state.  Personally, I don't /want/ it going to the next
group, just as I don't /want/ it going next unread, but rather next
message, and have my preferences set accordingly.

Go ahead and bug it, but look to see if there's already a request for it,
as there might be.  If so, just add your comment there, saying you too
want the feature.  I can see how it'd be useful for some, but it's not
something I'd use.