pan-users

[Pan-users] is there a key that...

From: Bruce Bowler
Subject: [Pan-users] is there a key that...
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 14:28:17 -0500 (EST)

I'll be there first to admit I'm lazy...

There is a conferencing system I use elsewhere that has a "neat feature"
for lazy people like me.

It lets me define a key that (in pan terms) combines the best features of
the 'g' key, the 'n' key and the space bar.

When I hit the key, it finds the first group with an unread item in it (g)
and opens it (n).  Hitting the key again will scroll through that item a
screen at a time (space).  When at the bottom of that item, it moves to
the next UNREAD item in that group.  If there are no more unread items in
that group, it moves to next group (g) that has unread items and opens it
(n) and so on and so forth (or as the shampoo bottle says, "lather, rinse,
repeat" ;-)

If such a key exists, what is it?  If such a key doesn't exist, it's off
to bugzilla to add an enhancement request :-)