pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.113 [Windows] - going online doesn't restart xfer

From: Mike
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.113 [Windows] - going online doesn't restart xfer + fanmail
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 09:22:44 +0100

On Tuesday 26 Sep 2006 08:52, Brian Costello wrote:

> However, when I went back online, nothing
> happened - the transfer didn't start back up, despite having over 50 parts
> queued (I was sniffing the traffic to make sure that it wasn't trying then
> failing very quickly).  I tried a few things before finding that requesting
> a header update started things up again.  I'd imagine that any addition to
> the task queue would do the same.

I'm not brave enough to be using the development version of Pan, and so am
still on the Mandriva Linux edition of 2.19.2.41 but have exactly the same
problem. Over the last few days Blueyonder's binary news server has died on
me mid way through a download and, even once it's come back again, Pan has
required a quit and restart to get it to ask me if I want to continue. I was
actually about to ask if this was the standard procedure, or if there's a
'restart' button hidden somewhere when I read your message and decided to add
my question as a response to your message. So, /is/ there a 'restart' button
or is my method the only one which works on this version of Pan?

--
Mike