pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Pan 0.113 [Windows] - going online doesn't restart xfer

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Pan 0.113 [Windows] - going online doesn't restart xfer + fanmail
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 23:17:06 +0000 (UTC)

Mike <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Tue, 26 Sep
2006 09:22:44 +0100:

> On Tuesday 26 Sep 2006 08:52, Brian Costello wrote:
>
>> However, when I went back online, nothing
>> happened - the transfer didn't start back up, despite having over 50 parts
>> queued (I was sniffing the traffic to make sure that it wasn't trying then
>> failing very quickly).  I tried a few things before finding that requesting
>> a header update started things up again.  I'd imagine that any addition to
>> the task queue would do the same.
>
> I'm not brave enough to be using the development version of Pan, and so am
> still on the Mandriva Linux edition of 2.19.2.41 but have exactly the same
> problem. Over the last few days Blueyonder's binary news server has died on
> me mid way through a download and, even once it's come back again, Pan has
> required a quit and restart to get it to ask me if I want to continue. I was
> actually about to ask if this was the standard procedure, or if there's a
> 'restart' button hidden somewhere when I read your message and decided to add
> my question as a response to your message. So, /is/ there a 'restart' button
> or is my method the only one which works on this version of Pan?

On old-pan (0.14.x, don't know where 2.19.2.41 came from), handing of
broken connections was indeed an issue at times.  The problem occurs
rarely enough for us active users/bug-filers, however, that it was never
fixed.

I've had no issues with new-pan in this regard, but that doesn't mean the
problem may not still be there (as mentioned in the OP).  Again, the
problem was quite rare here as it was, so maybe I just haven't seen it.
If the OP can reliably duplicate it (now with 0.114), a bug would be
appreciated, and maybe it can be tracked down and fixed before 1.0.