pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Shortcuts gone?

From: Mick Semb Wever
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Shortcuts gone?
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 12:51:17 +0000 (UTC)

>> Something I noticed very quickly, and am hoping is easily fixed, is I no
>> longer appear to have a shortcut combination for a number of actions...
>> Those most missing are the "Get Headers..." actions, especially "Get
>> Headers for subscribed groups".
>
> You are in luck! =8^)  Due to the way the menus are laid out, the
> shortcuts for header fetching don't show, but the old default shortcuts
> apply: "a" for selected group (unfortunately, only one group can be
> selected at a time, ATM), "shift-a" for subscribed groups. I don't remember
> for sure when this returned, but it should be there since 0.105 at least.

Brilliant. It's sucks having to use the mouse when i
don't want to.

>> ps another question: is there any way of getting pan to wrap my
>> signature?
>
> I simply use a text file, with newlines where I want them in the text file.
> In your profile, set the sig type to text file, and put the path to it in
> the signature box.  Works just fine, here.  The result you can see below,
> as it appears both you and I do the list thru gmane.org.  =8^)

It's a bash script printing out random quotes.
The section that outputs the text is:

echo "-- "
echo "${quotes[$RANDOM_NUMBER]}"
echo "Homepage - www.wever.org"
echo "Sesam Search Engine - www.sesam.no"

So it's the ${quotes[$RANDOM_NUMBER]} that comes out in one line.
There's probably a way of wrapping it in the bash script as well but my
scripting ability isn't good enough to know.

/mck

--
"When you say: "I wrote a program that crashed Windows", people just stare at
you blankly and say: "Hey, I got those with the system -- for free."" Linus