pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan v0.106 and Tin's .newsrc?

From: David Shochat
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan v0.106 and Tin's .newsrc?
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 22:18:56 -0400

Phillip Pi wrote:
Well, according to apt-get upgrade, I have to upgrade to the newer version. I
use Debian.

Well, I guess Debian made a mistake there. But no matter. Just build new pan manually (untar, configure, make, make install). That's what I had to do on the Mac since new pan wasn't available from DarwinPorts (analogous to apt-get) at all. With default configure options, it will go in /usr/local which I assume is not where apt-get puts old pan (but check to make sure).
As for the newer Pan, how would I import .newsrc in .pan2/ or is that automatic?
Just leave it anywhere, such as wherever tin expects to find it (home directory?) and then make a symbolic link pointing to that in ~/.pan2.
Wouldn't that work?