pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan v0.106 and Tin's .newsrc?

From: Douglas Bollinger
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan v0.106 and Tin's .newsrc?
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 21:04:28 -0400

On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 16:38:17 -0700
Phillip Pi <address@hidden> wrote:

> In the older versions, Pan could share .newsrc with Tin which I loved
> because I use both newsreaders. Tin because it is text mode and fast that I
> can access remotely (e.g., work).
>
> I cannot find the option to import and use .newsrc in Pan v0.106. Was this
> feature pulled or did I overlook it? I do not want to upgrade Pan if it is
> unavailable.

In new Pan, it looks like it always uses the newsrc file in the .pan2
directory.  I would imagine you could use that same file between Pan and Tin.

By the way, you won't have any problems using old and new pan at the same
time, so don't be afraid to give new Pan a try-out.

--
Wash: (Off an alarm sounding from the console) "Closing in."

Zoe: "Planet's coming up a mite fast."

Wash: "That's just cause I'm going down too quick. Likely crash and kill
us all."

Mal: "Well, that happens, let me know."