pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Article Threading in Pan 0.101

From: Jim Reiss
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Article Threading in Pan 0.101
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 12:41:19 -0600 (MDT)

> So anyway, you don't get the distinction between old unread and new
> messages that old-pan had, but neither Charles nor myself believe that's a
> big issue.  Read/unread is good enough.
Personally I disagree...I think that's true for text newsreading, but
when primarily using pan for binary harvesting it's really nice to be able
to see which headers are new, since you don't actually read binary posts.
The old/new thing wasn't always reliable though and I suppose the workaround
is to mark the group read after each browse of headers.  I see there's
an option to do this automatically, although there's no way to
exclude the text groups you probably don't want it to happen to.