pan-users

[Pan-users] Feedback wanted: toolbars in 0.100. (Was: 0.99 just works)

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: [Pan-users] Feedback wanted: toolbars in 0.100. (Was: 0.99 just works)
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 16:41:52 -0500 (CDT)

> Not so flawless here, unfortunately:
>
> 1. Get Get New Headers in Subscribed Groups button has been
> removed from the toolbar (commented out in gui/pan.ui.h).

I'll add it back in.

> 2. The new Get Headers From Server button is a nice-to-have
> (I rarely use it, though), but it does mean I have to make
> the grouplist even larger to avoid the search widget being hidden.

Actually I think this brings up two separate issues for 0.100
that I'd like to get your (and all of pan-users, of course)
feedback on:

1. Right now the toolbars for the group and header panes are
split by the separator.  One bad consequence is that parts of
the group pane's toolbar disappear unless you widen the toolbar.
Another one is that in tabbed mode you've got access to at most
one toolbar at a time.  So I'm planning on using a more traditional
toolbar in 0.100, one which spans the whole main window just under
the menu.  This solves both of these problems and has no downside
that I can think of.

2. Everyone has different ideas of what buttons should be in
the toolbar.  I think I am going to put in a toolbar editor so
that pan-users doesn't have to have these arguments anymore. :)

> 3. The grouplist pane isn't being updated: getting new headers,
> reading articles doesn't automatically update the pane. Only once
> I 'mouse over' the pane, does it get updated.

Does adding "gtk_widget_queue_draw (self->_tree_view);" right
before returning in groups.cc::dirty_groups_idle() fix it
on your setup?