pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Thoughts on Expiration of News Articles

From: Steven Adeff
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Thoughts on Expiration of News Articles
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 08:05:59 -0400

On 4/7/06, Kevin Gottsman <address@hidden> wrote:
> The new Pan looks like it can expire articles at a pre-determined time
> based on the news server setting. This probably makes sense for binary
> articles but does it make sense for text articles?  I can manually go grab
> all the headers for a given group  but they are automatically removed the
> next time I visit the group.
>
> Perhaps this is by desgn, but I would prefer to keep some text groups for
> longer periods (or forever) whie expiring the binary groups after x days.
> Does article deletion on a per group basis make more sense?

I'm in agreement here, I'd like to be able to set per group expire
settings for the same reason. Lots of groups have threads that I'd
like to be able to keep saved on my computer while I'd like to be able
to expire binary groups according to what my news host's retention
rate is for that group (which vary's from what I've seen).

Steve