pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: VDQ : editing with pico

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: VDQ : editing with pico
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 20:42:28 -0700

Tim Kynerd posted <address@hidden>, excerpted below,  on Wed,
29 Jun 2005 21:53:24 +0200:

> Finally, I'm afraid I don't know what nano is.

Nano is another small text mode text editor.  It happens to be the one
Gentoo uses by default, because it's small, yet has on-screen help and
functions close enough to an MSWormOS editor that folks switching aren't
/entirely/ lost.

Personally, I use midnight commander (mc) and its editor (mcedit) and
viewer (mcview) for nearly all my sysadmin type work, both at the console
and at the konsole (kde xterm).  However, I use PAN's native editor for
composing news messages, even my 200-300 line "explanatory tomes". <g>