pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan CVS issues with [00/NN] binary attachments

From: cav
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan CVS issues with [00/NN] binary attachments
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 08:06:44 -0700 (PDT)

> > From: Steven Ellis <address@hidden>
> CC:
> To: address@hidden
> Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2005 19:02:38 +1200
> Subject: [Pan-users] Pan CVS issues with [00/NN] binary attachments

> I've noticed that if a binary attachment is released with a part [00/NN]
> as well as parts [01/NN] -> [NN/NN] then I only see the first [00/NN]
> part. Hence i'm unable to download the actual attachment as it doesn't
> show up.

> Some recent mp3s in the alt.binaries.sounds.radio.bbc.highspeed group
> have shown this problem.

> Now i'm using a Suse CVS based RPM (pan-20050314cvs-0.1) so i'm not sure
> if this has been fixed in recent CVS or not. Had a look in bugzilla but
> couldn't find anything.

I've been using straight off the CVS repository, and I noticed the exact same
thing you did... in the same group... however, I still managed to download it,
even though pan showed no evidence of the article being there.

Normally, when I see an post which does not have a complete binary attachment,
I carefully avoid downloading it, since the CVS version will crash if you try
to download an incomplete attachement at the present time.  However, in the
case of the h2g2 radio program,  I got desperate and just tried to save the 00
article (even though it said there was only 1k there), and I'll be damned if it
didn't go and save the entire 20mb mp3...  so the binaries are definatly there,
they just are getting obscured somehow when they look too similar to a 00
post....

cav