pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Is there Pan for <shudder> XP?

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Is there Pan for <shudder> XP?
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 22:40:20 -0700

beartooth posted <address@hidden>, excerpted
below,  on Tue, 21 Jun 2005 16:05:23 -0400:

>> Her ya go.
>> http://pan.rebelbase.com/download/releases/0.14.2/WINDOWS/
>>
>> Since it was sent with OE you might want to steer clear.
>
> I certainly steer clear of OE, with extreme prejudice: I do my best to
> remove it, uninstall it, and tell ZoneAlarm never ever for any excuse to
> let it contact the Net. Did I mention I detest and abominate it? Did I
> mention I hate and despise it even beyond all other things from the Land
> of Redmond, where the Shadows lie?
>
> But, errr... ummm... duhhh... : VVDQ :  what does the fact of somebody
> else's using it mean to the download? Can OE poison not only the computer
> it's on, but even something that will poison Pan?? Is it thus, in effect,
> a Poison Pan letter, or at least release? <ducking fast and running hard>

LOL!  I think the intent was a swipe at those so down on OE they
automatically discount as essentially worthless anything posted with it.
Thus, he was (preemptively) calling attention to the fact that he was
sending with OE, so those types of folks could steer clear.