pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Is there Pan for <shudder> XP?

From: beartooth
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Is there Pan for <shudder> XP?
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 12:56:16 -0400

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 22:40:20 -0700, Duncan wrote:

> beartooth posted
> <address@hidden>,
> excerpted below,  on Tue, 21 Jun 2005 16:05:23 -0400:

>> But, errr... ummm... duhhh... : VVDQ :  what does the fact of somebody
>> else's using it mean to the download? Can OE poison not only the
>> computer it's on, but even something that will poison Pan?? Is it thus,
>> in effect, a Poison Pan letter, or at least release? <ducking fast and
>> running hard>
>
> LOL!  I think the intent was a swipe at those so down on OE they
> automatically discount as essentially worthless anything posted with it.
> Thus, he was (preemptively) calling attention to the fact that he was
> sending with OE, so those types of folks could steer clear.

Oh -- well, if that's all -- I eat vegetables grown in compost or manure
(if well-washed); and also meat from chickens and from bears (if I can get
it) and lobsters, all of which eat things I prefer not to contemplate.
I've even been known to use software dictated by an employer -- before I
retired.  Even though "Delenda est MegaSleazo" is one of my mottoes. So I
guess I better go try that download. Many thanks!

--
Beartooth Neo-Redneck, Linux Evangelist
FC 1-3, YDL 4; Pine 4.63, Pan 0.14.2; Privoxy 3.0.3;