pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Xandros 3.0 (debian)

From: Jim Reiss
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Xandros 3.0 (debian)
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 09:42:14 -0700 (MST)

> > I suggest looking here for information on apt:
> >
> > http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/index.en.html
> >
> > Once a Sarge or Sid repository has been added to
> > /etc/apt/sources.list, the commands needed are:
> >
> > apt-get update
> > apt-get install pan
>
> I have no idea of what you are talking about.  I went to the link
> provided but didn't understand what I read.  I see none of the things
> people have mentioned on the Xandros desktop.
I've never used Xandros, but because it's Debian-based you should
basically need three steps:

1. Add a line like this to the /etc/apt/sources.list text file:

deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian testing main contrib non-free

2. From the command line execute "apt-get update"

3. From the command line execute "apt-get install pan"

After you've installed the package you might want to comment out
or remove the line from /etc/apt/sources.list.