pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Does Pan crash when you try to post a message without a

From: Lenroc
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Does Pan crash when you try to post a message without a body
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 17:19:04 -0700

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 11:58:38 -0500, Dave Chand wrote:

> (by pure accident) I tried posting a message using pan that did not have
> any body text. The message only had a subject line. When I do this pan
> will always freeze. I was wondering if this is an OS X only thing or does
> this affect linux pan users also. Can someone try this?

When you try to post a message with no body text, the expected behaviour
is an error message asking if you're sure you want to post.

To help track down the bug you are experiencing, try to see if other
behaviours that call similar dialog boxes also "freeze" Pan. Some
behaviours that call the same warning dialog:

 Posting a message with mostly quoted text (not sure of the ratio...)
 Crossposting a message without setting FollowupTo
 Posting a message with long lines

On this list (or group, if you use the gmane.org list<=>newsgroup server
as I do...) there has been some discussion recently about a user who
crashes when posting a message with long lines. I would suspect that you
are encountering the same problem. I don't recall if there was a solution,
but you could check the previous posts to see if that helps...

--
Lenroc