pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Re: Composer options

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Composer options
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 20:10:59 -0700

Albert posted <address@hidden>, excerpted below,
 on Fri, 18 Jun 2004 20:15:37 -0500:

>> The font in the compose window is the same one used in the body
>> pane -- toggled either mono-space or not, and of the size set
>> in preferences, fonts.
>
> Actually, that's not what I'm seeing. PanPreferences->Fonts
> notebook page shows three toggles, each with a corresponding
> dropdown:
> 0 Use custom font in Group Pane <sans|11>
> 0 Use custom font in Header Pane <sans|11>
> x Use custom font in Body Pane <sans|16>
>
> and a monospace_font dropdown <Courier 10 Pitch|16>
>
> The headers in the top of the Body Pane and the composer display
> with the monospace font.  The actual body in the Body Pane
> displays with sans|16.  There is no toggle for the monospace font
> in preferences.
>
> But perhaps I misunderstood what you are saying.

Perhaps it's sloppy checking on my part, too. =:^)

The toggle for mono-space is in the view menu (and normally toggles with
the C hotkey, IIRC).  U R correct about the prefs.  That much was your
misunderstanding my sloppy references. =:^)

However, I was under the impression that compose also honored the view
menu mono-space toggle setting, since I tend to use mono-space in the body
all the time.  Thus, it was sloppy checking on my part when I said it did
honor that, but it apparently simply uses mono-space no matter what the
toggle setting is (according to your statement, that even with sans/16 in
the body view, it's using mono-space in the composer).

Benjamin Franklin