pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Bold Font in Header Pane

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Bold Font in Header Pane
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 18:32:45 -0700

Emily Jackson posted <address@hidden>,
excerpted below,  on Fri, 12 Mar 2004 04:58:50 -0600:

> I am using Pan 0.14.2.91 with Mac OS X 10.3.2 and Apple's version of X11,
> and Pan has suddenly begun displaying group names and unread messages in
> the header pane in a bold font. I haven't changed the font settings for
> the header pane (use custom font in header pane: Sans 12). If I change the
> font for the header pane to something like Geneva 12, the bold text goes
> away. Is it *supposed* to do this?

The group name has always been bold, here.  (I'm using custom fonts
also.. Bitstream Vera Sans.. it appears from the prefs dialog.)

PAN differentiates between new and unread messages in the display with the
BOLD attribute. You don't mention new messages, but I'm assuming all those
you are seeing this with are new.  IOW, if you leave some messages marked
unread, then d/l new ones (and there are new ones to d/l), the new ones
will all be bold while the old ones will switch from bold to Roman/Normal.

So I guess the answer to your question then is yes, it IS supposed to do
that, with the conditional that you ARE talking about "new" messages, as
well.

Benjamin Franklin