pan-users

Re(2): [Pan-users] Re: Bold Font in Header Pane

From: Emily Jackson
Subject: Re(2): [Pan-users] Re: Bold Font in Header Pane
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 04:18:38 -0600

At 11:13 AM -0600 on Saturday, March 13, 2004, Brad Sims
<address@hidden> wrote:

>On Saturday 13 March 2004 4:29 am, Emily Jackson wrote:
>> Yes, that is exactly what I am seeing--when I click on a group name that
>> has unread messages, Pan checks for new messages and then changes the
>> fonts as you describe. I've been using Pan for about 4 months, and
>> yesterday was the first time I've seen this behavior re bold fonts.
>
>Did you update XFT lately? If your font renderer wasn't working properly
>you might not have been seeing it as bold. (long shot but...)
>
>But in any case, it has been bold for a very long time <g>

I did install abiword recently, and one of the dependencies that had to
be installed was pango1-xft2. However, I recently had to erase my hard
drive and reinstall everything from scratch; pan, abiword, etc. were
present before my HD disaster, but I never saw bold fonts in the header pane.

[BTW, this screen shot <http://home.hiwaay.net/~emilyj/pictures_2/misc/
pan-bold-headers.png> illustrates what the header pane looks like nowadays.]

Emily