pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] ANN: Pan 0.14.0.94

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] ANN: Pan 0.14.0.94
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 02:46:00 -0700

On Mon 04 Aug 2003 18:43, Chris Petersen posted as excerpted below:
> However, I
> cannot enable/disable this filter on a per-group basis..  So when
> browsing to a binary group, I have to manually enable it, and then
> disable it when I go back to a text group.  VERY ANNOYING - and
> inconsistent with the settings for the other filters, which do seem to
> stick on a per-group basis.

Helpful hint..  Use PAN's customizable hotkeys feature to add a hotkey to your
filter.  At least that way it's just a couple keystrokes, rather than having
to go thru the menu to do it.

I do this, or did b4 it got lost, tho I guess the new beta which I haven't
loaded brings it back, with the read messages toggle.  Thus, while my normal
mode is to hide read messages, if I needed to check previously read posts
upline, all I had to do was hit the hotkey, and I could see the entire thread
including read posts.  I found that incredibly useful, here.

..  Not quite like having it handled automatically, but the next best thing to
it!  =:^)

--
Duncan - List replies preferred.
Benjamin Franklin