pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Installing 0.13.93 on RedaHat 9.0

From: J. Gardner Biggs
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Installing 0.13.93 on RedaHat 9.0
Date: 02 Apr 2003 18:55:00 -0600

On Wed, 2003-04-02 at 12:45, Brian Morrison wrote:
> On 02 Apr 2003 12:10:58 -0600 in address@hidden "J.
> Gardner Biggs" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > This file (libaspell.so) in located in the place where I installed it:
> > /usr/local/lib.
>
> Try linking it to /usr/lib and try again...

Ok, I created a symlink to /usr/local/lib/libaspell.so in /usr/lib, ran
ldconfig as root.

Now I get compile errors saying that I am missing:

libpspell-impl.so and
libpspell-modules.so

doing a locate for these files gives:

address@hidden gtkspell-2.0.4]$ locate libpspell-impl.so
/usr/lib/libpspell-impl.so.6.0.0
/usr/lib/libpspell-impl.so.6
address@hidden gtkspell-2.0.4]$ locate libpspell-modules.so
/usr/lib/libpspell-modules.so.1.0.1
/usr/lib/libpspell-modules.so.1

I am a bit new to how shared libraries are linked, but what is going on
here?