pan-users

[Pan-users] read-only groups dont get "read"

From: Mark Derricutt
Subject: [Pan-users] read-only groups dont get "read"
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 23:47:01 +1300

I just installed nntp/rss ( http://www.methodize.org/nntprss ) neat little java app that provides RSS feeds as usenet groups, each of these groups are read-only, and I'm noticing that pan isn't automatically setting a message to "read" status after reading it, like normally occurs.

Is this a bug in pan with read-only groups, or is possibly something at the nntp/rss end?

PS: anyone here using nntpcache to combine a selection of nntp servers into one "fake" server? I'm thinking of doing that so I can have all my groups in one list, rather than switch servers all the time...