pan-users

[Pan-users] Problem in Posting Editor

From: sam
Subject: [Pan-users] Problem in Posting Editor
Date: 20 Dec 2002 13:44:16 -0800

I'm having a problem with the editor function in pan.

When I go to post a msg or reply to a msg the following happens..

I type a line. Press enter twice to add an extra line between
the sentence just finished and the next new line. The cursor stays
at the end of the just completed line and when I begin to type again
the cursor drops to the immediate next line. Spaces never show up.

If I go out to the external editor.. where VI is called.. I can
create the message as I want it  with all the spaces.. when I zz out
of it.. the display strips the new lines out and I'm back to where
I would be if I just edited the file in pan's build in editor.

I didn't see any preferences that would strip lines out of the editor
and an archive browse didn't show anything relevant.

I'm running Pan 0.13.2 on Xandros updated with SID updates from
debian.org.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sam