pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Ctrl+W keyboard shortcut!

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Ctrl+W keyboard shortcut!
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 06:54:49 -0700

On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 04:00:07PM +1200, Adam Warner wrote:

> Continuing this theme, Pan also overwrites files when using Save as...
> without asking first.

I don't believe this is the case -- last time I looked,
if the file already exists, Pan instead looks for filename_2,
filename_3 and so on until it finds one that doesn't exist,
and then writes that.

Now that I think of it, it would be nifty to do an md5sum
on the files, to see if they're the same, and avoid writing
a second copy when the files are really duplicates...