pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] No spell-check in 0.13.0.91

From: John J. LeMay Jr.
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] No spell-check in 0.13.0.91
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 22:35:52 -0400

** Reply to message from Toby Inkster <address@hidden> on Sun, 22 Sep
2002 18:30:59 +0100

> This is the rather irritating naming conflict between Red Hat and Mandrake.
> Mandrake calls its GTK 2 rpms "gtk+2.0", whereas Red Hat and most other
> RPM-based distros use the less future-proof "gtk2".
>
> So if you install a Red Hat based RPM that needs GTK 2 on a Mandrake box, it
> will ask for "gtk2", even though you already have "gtk+2.0". On the other
> hand,
> my RPMs specifically refer to GTK 2 by the Mandrake name, so you don't get
> that
> dependency hassle.

Starting with the next release (0.13.0.92 or 0.13.1) I'll handle this on my
side when I create the Mandrake 8.2 pacakges. I did a quick diff on the spec
files and here's the only (important) changes (this should work fine with
Mandrake 8.1 as well). I hadn't worried too much about this in the past - just
forced the installs. However, this is much cleaner obviously.

address@hidden pan-0.13.0.91]# diff ../../SPECS/pan.spec pan.spec
18d17
< BuildRequires: gtk+2.0 >= 2.0.5
19a19
> BuildRequires: gtk2-devel >= 2.0.5
22d21
< BuildRequires: gtkspell-devel >= 2.0.2
25c24
< Requires: gtk+2.0 >= 2.0.5
---

--