pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] default browser

From: John LeMay
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] default browser
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 09:16:09 -0400 (EDT)

The only problem with mozilla I see is startup time. However, this may not
really be a problem if we are replacing Netscape because it may not exist
in future distros, and we assume mozilla will exist in these distros.
Obviously users can still select thier own favorite browser, I'm only
concerned with using a browser that (on my P3 600 w/ 256MB RAM) takes
about 10 seconds to start. It may seem slow to some, and people may
associate the slowness with Pan instead of with the browser.

Are their any other options worth looking it, ie such as shipping a
"micro-browser" along with Pan? Polarbar (the Java mailer) ships with the
ICE HTML browser, can use the old HotJava browser, and lets the user
select their favorite as well.

--
John LeMay
Senior Enterprise Consultant