pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Feature request - Mark read.

From: Christopher Ranschaert
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Feature request - Mark read.
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 22:12:45 +0200

On Tuesday 23 July 2002 20:49, Charles Kerr wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 03:24:59PM +0200, Christopher Ranschaert wrote:
> > Hi everyone
> >
> > I might have overlooked it, but I missed a feature to select a range of
> > articles and the option to have them marked READ. I know about the "Mark
> > group read" when selecting a group.
> >
> > I use it to manually catch up with articles that I've read through other
> > newsclients at home or work, selecting date sorting, go to the latest
> > date/hour I've read and then selecting those read, and then have them
> > back threaded to continue reading.
>
> "M", or "Articles|Mark Read" marks the selected articles as read.

Now that the follow-up on articles is working better again in the newer Pan, I
was testing around a bit, and noticed that when reading my own posts, they're
not automatically marked read when reading them, in comparison with other
people's posts.
The only ways it works is by setting it read manually, either through the
group or the article itself.
I don't know if it's a known bug already, or a feature :)

Cheers

Chris.