pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] 2 Feature Requests

From: J.B. Moreno
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] 2 Feature Requests
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 17:06:53 -0400

On 7/23/02 3:41 PM, Jim Henderson at <address@hidden> wrote:

> Since I seem to be having trouble conveying exactly what I want (when I
> thought there was NO ambiguity in my request at all), let me state it
> again:
>
> 1.  Option to NOT QUOTE ANY of a message being replied to. (Preference
> selectable)
> 2.  Option to "paste text as quotation" per Netscape 4.x (and also Moz,
> at least 1.1 Alpha does have it, I just checked)
> 3.  Option to "quote selected text" is fine as it is.

OK, as you say that is clear enough.  But there are problems with 1 -- even
as an option.  Namely, that on non-private servers it is rarely a good idea
(and even there it's iffy -- people do come into a thread late and
interspresed comments are easier to understand), and that's where most of
the use will take place.  Also, by having an option your are inherently
encouraging it, and do you want to do that for people that may not be aware
of all the possibilities (and when Pan becomes cross platform this becomes
an even bigger issue).

--
J.B. Moreno