pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] My Wish List

From: Jeff Vian
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] My Wish List
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 20:21:04 -0500

gaw zay wrote:
On Sat, 20 Jul 2002, Toby Inkster wrote:

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002 18:32:00 -0500
Jeff Vian <address@hidden> wrote:

| Why not post the code for something of this sort (so we all do not have
| to hunt for it, or repeat the development of such a trivial item.
| Then it should be easy to implement for almost anybody.

OK, here's how to do it.

[snip]
I think he meant in C :-)

Not necessarily in C, although the C version could be set to block and when the pipe was emptied would refill it as earlier mentioned in this thread.
An example would be good enough, using C to create and refill the pipe.

The perl example works well but is one time or would need to be written to loop as well. ?? Is there a mechanism in perl to tell if the pipe has been emptied so it would automatically loop similarly to the blocking io of C.??
I am not familiar enough with perl to answer that one right now.

Thanks
:-)