pan-users

[Pan-users] Another couple feature requests

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: [Pan-users] Another couple feature requests
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 19:03:41 -0600

Again, not sure if this has been asked for before, so I'll ask now.

1.  Any plans to allow multiple filters to be used in rules and to use
them in combination?

For example, I'd like to be able to have a filter defined for "Bozos"
and a filter defined for "Replies from Me" and use them in combination
so that threads are marked as watched when I'm participating in them and
ignored only if a bozo is involved.  Thus:

If (thread contains message from "bozos") && !(thread contains message
from "Jim Henderson") then ignore thread

2.  I like the bozo filters and the spam filters - it would be handy to
be able to dynamically create other filters with a keystroke - for
example, a group of friends online.  If I could tag a user ID much like
a bozo but say it's a friend and add it through the Control-Z dialogue,
then I could create different classes of users that I want to
incorporate into specific rules.

Jim