pan-users

[Pan-users] Problems installing on RH 7.1

From: John Aldrich
Subject: [Pan-users] Problems installing on RH 7.1
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 19:12:25 -0400

I downloaded Red-Carpet and installed Ximian Desktop, but have been unable to
get Pan 12.x to run because of some failed dependencies. Why is it suggested
that installing Ximian will solve all the problems???

Trying to rebuild the RPM I get the following error:
address@hidden john]# rpm --rebuild pan-0.12.0-1.src.rpm
Installing pan-0.12.0-1.src.rpm
error: failed build dependencies:
        glib2-devel >= 2.0.4 is needed by pan-0.12.0-1
        gtk2-devel >= 2.0.5 is needed by pan-0.12.0-1
        libxml2-devel >= 2.4.22 is needed by pan-0.12.0-1

Can someone KINDLY please tell me why we are requiring "snapshot" versions of
some libs??? Those were the only ones I could find.... Red-Carpet didn't
install new enough versions of those libs when it installed Ximian Desktop...
It really doesn't make a lot of sense to me to require "experimental" lib
files!