pan-users

[Pan-users] Pan and RH 7.1

From: John Aldrich
Subject: [Pan-users] Pan and RH 7.1
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 19:25:01 -0400

I have manually updated all the library files necessary to get Pan to compile
and install. However, I am still unable to RUN pan because it keeps giving me
the following error:
pan: error while loading shared libraries: libgtkhtml.so.9: cannot open

OTOH, I *have* manually gone into /etc/ld.so.conf and added the path for this
lib file (despite the fact that it's looking in /usr/lib where it's located!)
and re-run "ldconfig."

Now, I would REALLY appreciate someone telling me what's going on and why I
can't run Pan 0.12????
Thanks...