pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] gtk2 and mandrake

From: Ronald KA4INM Youvan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] gtk2 and mandrake
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 15:30:55 -0400

I've replied directly to you and included a copy of the How-To Toby posted
here a week or so ago.

  Speaking as another `just a user': It would have been very helpful
if a `text file` list of the procedure to upgrade the dependencies was
in place just under the source files.  We `just a user's have never
up-dated library files and stuff, in the past I have always just
bought the newest version of Slackware to up date everything.
  Toby's list appears to be `Mandrake' specific, I have no way of
knowing if there is a going to be a problem for me or not.
  I have never taken one minute of any kind of computer class,
no programming of any kind, just started with a Commodore VIC-20,
a used Kaypro-CP/M then I built all IBM clones from used boards.
(in the Kaypro case at first)

I am sure `geeks' upgrade things other than programs all of the time, but I don't have the time in my life to learn enough
to reach that level of understanding.  (no offense meant)

The idea of `I had to work it out, so everyone else can work it out' will not enhance the use of LINUX. The more users,
the more support of all kinds for LINUX projects.

LINUX gets better every day.

       73 (= Best Regards) de: Ron address@hidden
    100% LINUX, since July, 1997   SENT Time and Date are UTC
       Visit my HAM Web SITE at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm