pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan Name Change

From: Mark Janssen
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan Name Change
Date: 01 Apr 2002 22:35:26 +0200

On Mon, 2002-04-01 at 22:23, Toby Inkster wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Apr 2002 11:54:28 -0800 Charles Kerr <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> CK> I've added a quick-and-dirty voting section to get public feedback
> CK> on what the new name should be.  Feel free to vote from the list or
> CK> write in a new choice.
>
> Assuming this isn't an April Fools thing, may I suggest "GNUsenet". The write
> in script wasn't working for me. Also... KAgent? This isn't KDE, you know.

All things being equal, the simplest explanation is usually the correct
one.

This being april-1-2002, all the named on the 'name-list' being rather
bogus or names of competing products, the vote and write-in scripts
being completely non-existant and PAN having a rather large gag-history
(pan going commercial etc) it's a safe bet that this is a joke :)

Have fun... there will probably be a lot more today (although I haven't
seen any on slashdot/osdn sites yet this year)

--
Mark Janssen     Unix / Linux, Open-Source and Internet Consultant @
SyConOS IT