pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] .sig files, plural : feature request

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] .sig files, plural : feature request
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 19:44:06 -0800

On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 04:42:24PM -0800, Himanshu Gohel wrote:
> "Christophe Lambin" wrote:
>
>> It exists already: create multiple profiles and assign different
>> signatures to each profile.  When you post in a group, select the
>> profile you want.  Pan automatically keeps track of which profile was
>> last used in each group, so you only need to do this once.
>
> This has come up many times before, and I'm guessing, it will keep coming up
> again and again, even when documentation is available.
>
> Such "magic" is neat, but not intuitive.

Having a signature field in Profiles is no more magic than having it
in group properties.  I'm not 100% against the idea of specifying signature
files in two different places, but I do wonder: would happen if you post with
a profile that has one sig specified, in a group that had a different signature
specified?  And, whatever the answer is, how is it more intuitive than the
current scheme?

> My suggestion again, is to make it very explicit in the Group properties
> that is already available.  That's the purpose of that, isn't it?  Why not
> use have the option to specify the signature there?
>
> While I'm here, I'll also re-request that font settings for a particular
> group also be added in the group settings.

Per-group charsets are in the works for 0.12.0, so per-group fonts probably
make sense too.  File a bugzilla RFE and I'll flag it for 0.12.0. :)

cheers,
Charles