pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] [pan.git] Reproducible segfault when "saving articles fr

From: walt
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] [pan.git] Reproducible segfault when "saving articles from selected nzb"
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 10:48:18 -0700

On 04/01/2012 09:51 PM, Heinrich Mueller wrote:
> Am 02.04.2012 00:33, schrieb walt:
>> OTOH I tried building with gnutls today and found some unhelpful
>> pan behavior. I tried using ssl to a server who's certificate is
>> issued to foo.com while the server is news.foo.com. As a result of
>> the mismatched names pan closes down and leaves a warning message
>> on the command line.

> Can you post the message?

The message is pasted below.  As Duncan suggested, marking the cert as
"always trusted" does fix the problem, but only *after* restarting pan.

The first time I connect after marking the "always trust" checkbox, pan
still shuts down with the warning below.  Only when I restart pan does
the "always trust" setting work correctly.  That's an old problem with
all pan settings, I've noticed many times.  It misleads the user into
thinking that the new setting doesn't do what it should.

** (pan:15522): WARNING **: The certificate is not trusted.

** (pan:15522): WARNING **: The certificate hasn't got a known issuer.

** ERROR **: The certificate's owner does not match hostname
'news.budgetnews.net' !

Trace/breakpoint trap

Thanks Heinrich :)