pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] [pan.git] Reproducible segfault when "saving articles fr

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] [pan.git] Reproducible segfault when "saving articles from selected nzb"
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 07:07:14 +0000 (UTC)

walt posted on Sun, 01 Apr 2012 22:33:36 +0000 as excerpted:

> OTOH I tried building with gnutls today and found some unhelpful pan
> behavior.  I tried using ssl to a server who's certificate is issued to
> foo.com while the server is news.foo.com.  As a result of the mismatched
> names pan closes down and leaves a warning message on the command line.
>
> The only way I could get up and running again was to edit servers.xml to
> use port 119 and not use ssl.  I hope this behavior is just for
> debugging purposes?

I'm not sure, but I /think/ that's what the "always trust this server's
certificate" checkbox, in the server settings under security, might be
for.  Have you tried that?

And you should still be able to start pan, regardless, just not connect
to the server.  Of course if you have the "get new headers in subscribed
groups at startup" option checked, in prefs, that could put a kink in
things, but that's precisely why I recommend people keep both it and the
parallel option for group entry fetching turned off... there's possible
side effects like this that make those options rather less wise to enable
than they might look at first glance.