pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] html message handling in pan-0.120

From: Darren Albers
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] html message handling in pan-0.120
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 20:47:50 -0500

Anuj Verma (Kevin) wrote:
Hello,
Recently I have started to use PAN for mail2news again, and I notice that
any of the HTML messages displays as HTML code rather then easy to read
messages.
Are there any workarounds ? or any plans to have this fixed in upcoming
versions, I certainly did not checked with any other version of Pan but
one shipped for Fedora 6.
Regards,
Kevin

Pan has never supported html that I am aware of and all the feedback I have seen on this list indicates that it never will.

HTML is hated on Usenet, but I can see why people may use it on mailing lists (though I still hate it there as well). Maybe a solution would be to rip out all the html junk and display it as plain text? Though that seems like a lot of work...