pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] Re: Re: Couple of feature requests

From: Pekka Tiittanen
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] Re: Re: Couple of feature requests
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2006 13:06:13 +0300

On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 09:06 +0000, Duncan wrote:

> However, if you only have one group on leafnode, you can make it whatever
> priority you want, because it's the only one on the server.  If you have
> more than one and you want them at different priorities, that's a bit more
> difficult.

I only want to be able to subscribe to groups on different servers and
download them from that one server only. Over here in Finland there's
usually only one newsserver that can be used and that's the ISP's
server. Using servers from different countries is usually slow so ISP's
server is usually the best choice. So I don't see any good point for
this new arrangement for making primary/secondary/etc servers.

And I really do want to control where my groups are downloaded from. Now
after thinking this a while, would it be possible to make a per group
setting "download this group only from server" with a dropdown menu of
all the configured servers where to choose from? That'd solve my problem
alltogether.

Without that I don't see myself even trying out these weekly releases of
Pan, 'cause they still don't give me anything new or better to test out.

--
I think we're all Bozos on this bus. -- Firesign Theatre

-Pekka-