pan-devel

[Pan-devel] Pan 0.91 issues

From: Christophe Lambin
Subject: [Pan-devel] Pan 0.91 issues
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 01:28:21 +0200

Joining in on the fun and games, I gave 0.91 a spin this evening. It's
not quite there yet, but it's showing great promise (the transparent
multiserver support is *very* nice).

Some issues I've found so far.

- Pan crashed when I openened a specific newsgroup. It threw the assertion
  failure in article-filter.cc:get_header(). Header_name was 'Xref'. Once
  I removed the following entry from my scorefile, it worked ok:

        %BOS
        %Score created by slrn on Sat Jan 29 07:33:23 2005

        [be.tv]
        Score: -9999
        %Expires:
        %   Subject: \[[Dd]ialog]
        %   From: changling <address@hidden>
        %   Newsgroup: news\.software\.readers
        %EOS

- For some reason, certain rows in the articlelist appear underscored. This
  happens when I read an article that has collapsed articles below it.  If
  I expand the row, the underscore disappears.  Reading articles that do not
  have collapsed articles doesn't show the underscores.

- After the first run, getting new headers immmediately marks them as read
  in the articlelist. The grouplist, however, still shows the count of unread
  articles. After switching away and back into the group, the grouplist count
  also goes to zero.

- If I reduce the width of the group list so that not all text can be
  displayed, then no horizontal scrollbar is displayed.

- I had to remove support for IPv6.  With IPv6 enabled, I could not connect to
  my newsserver. My newsserver does have an IPv6 IP address (though I don't
  think my system's set up for IPv6. Got the following error on the console
  (not the log):

  log entry: [Making a new connection to news.easynet.be]
  ** Message: Connect failed: Invalid argument

  (pan:12760): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_io_add_watch_full: assertion `channel !=
NULL' failed

  As a quick hack, I commented out line 120 in tasks/socket-impl-gio.cc.

- Posting did not work yet. I ran pan in debug mode (pan --debug) and saw
  the following:

        (socket-impl-gio.cc:299:do_write) socket 0x90be6a0 channel 0x9060c90
        maybe wrote [From: "Christophe Lambin" <address@hidden>