Re: [Openvortex-dev] Re: [Alsa-devel] Re: [ALSA - driver 0001138]: error

From: Igor Kovalenko
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] Re: [Alsa-devel] Re: [ALSA - driver 0001138]: errors when installing au8820 modules
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 22:07:53 +0400

Alien wrote:
> that is exactly what i had done, a few months ago, i pinpointed the problem
> a hwwrite (which i found odd; actually the first hwwrite that ever happened).
>
> after using printk's to visualize the mmio and calculations there upon. i
> noticed that the calculated address was totally too big and the >>2 was the
> problem, when deleting the >>2 and the then (typecasting unsigned long), i
> solved that error, i uncommented a few other stuff that gave oopses and the
> result of that (with printk's ) can be found here:
> https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=1047
>
> cause that's when i noticed that the sound hung, first i thought it was some
> combination with ntpd sync, but that didn't seem to be it. after using the
> patch with modification, the result remained the same. now i believe that the
> sound hangs whenever i try to play too much sounds at the same time (instead
> of just aborting).
>
> well, there you have it...

Sorry but I interpreted your mail in this tread as that your case is driver
not loading (i.e. oopsing) *NOW* - and seems like you have this problem solved.

Regarding lockups, I had them previously on SMP machine with au8820 card but
it was quite some time ago and now I have single processor - too many changes
to tell why I do not get lockups with au8820 now.

--
Kind regards,
Igor V. Kovalenko