[Openvortex-dev] 2.6.0-test9 success

From: Sean .
Subject: [Openvortex-dev] 2.6.0-test9 success
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 02:49:52 -0500

Just wanted to let you know that I tried out the alsa drivers for the first time in the 2.6.0-test9 kernel tonight (my first installation of the 2.6 kernel) and was able to get it successfully working on my Diamond MX300 Vortex 2.

I downloaded the cvs drivers and merged them into the kernel tree using the tips found last month on this mailing list.

Listening to a radio stream right now, sounds as good as it ever did for the previous years that I've used the oss drivers. Checked it on a DVD earlier and it worked there as well.

Thanks a lot guys for all your efforts. My soundcard looks like it will be able to continue providing reliable service into 2.6 and beyond :)

Sean

Concerned that messages may bounce because your Hotmail account has exceeded its 2MB storage limit? Get Hotmail Extra Storage! http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es