Re: [Openvortex-dev] build problems on Debian Woody (fwd)

From: halaszi gabor
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] build problems on Debian Woody (fwd)
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 19:35:54 +0200 (CEST)

hi,

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Ryan Underwood wrote:

| Basically, we just need to test it with as many different applications
| as possible and report the bugs.  Starting an entry on the ALSA Wiki
| might not be a terrible idea either, since the driver is likely to be in
| ALSA soon...

about testing...

i dont know how many aureal cards are still working, but i think, we
-aureal & linux users- aren't to much...
maybe, if there would be a windows version of this driver, for win2k,
and/or win2k3, xp, me... we could invoke much more people to test these
values...
i know, that's windows driver isn't a primary target, but i think you
(developers) could receive much more test reports.
i think we won't find people to test it on win9x, becouse of the original
driver (at least for me) is still perfect.

i'm not sure, and it's just a suggestion.

anyway, is this driver( the homepage) mentioned in mplayer's sound DOCS??
if no, if you want, i think can ask someone to put some lines there.

by

        halaszi gabor