Re: [Openvortex-dev] Bugfix Patch applied.

From: Marc Heerdink
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] Bugfix Patch applied.
Date: 09 Jun 2003 21:09:25 +0200

Op zo 08-06-2003, om 00:22 schreef Manuel Jander:
> Hi,
>
> I applied the bugfixes i mentioned while ago. I hope that CVS merged
> all of Jeff's changes in (it sayd so at least). A far as i can tell, ti
> should
> be OK.
>
> THis bug fixes should:
>
> -Eliminate distortion

I've tested the new CVS and the distorted sound is _mostly_ gone.
Especially at higher volume levels (>80) it's still audible and I need
to set the mixer levels that high because sound is _extremely_ soft
otherwise.

> -Fix Noise at play start or end.

I sometimes have a high-pitched 'click' or 'squeek' when I play a new
song in mpg123.

I have no patience whatsoever, I know :) But I won't build a new Gentoo
until I can use a fully opensource driver for my Vortex 2 ;)

Marc

--
         (__)
         (oo)