openexr-user

RE: [Openexr-user] multi-channel EXRs and Shake

From: William Atkin
Subject: RE: [Openexr-user] multi-channel EXRs and Shake
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 08:28:51 -0500

Not sure if this was answered, but no the current EXR plugin for Shake does
not read additional channels.  I posted a question about this a few weeks
back and could not find a solution at that point except to write a custom
filein Node.

Pass/Channel based rendering has its uses though and I was able to try out
Nuke with its channel based architecture instead.  EXR is fully supported in
Nuke, if you have the opportunity you should definitely check it out.

Will Atkin
Savannah College of Art and Design