[Openexr-devel] EXR B44A Usage

From: Chad Ashley
Subject: [Openexr-devel] EXR B44A Usage
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 14:00:22 +0000

Hello,

This is my first posting to this list, so good morning everyone! I had a question: When should one use the B44A compression?

I am a 3D artist rendering primarily out of Arnold and I normally use "Lossy 16-bit float, in blocks of 16 scan lines" compression. Should I look to use the B44A compression instead? What are the upsides and downsides (if any)? Or, should I be using a completely different compression?

3D App: C4D
Renderer: Arnold
Compositor: Fusion, After Effects

Thank You,