Re: [Openexr-devel] EXR texture memory overhead

From: Ed Hanway
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] EXR texture memory overhead
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2016 12:52:08 -0700

Regarding OpenEXR pull requests in general, we've been making some slow progress on the backlog, handling the trivial ones first.  The develop branch has the latest.

Regarding PR 141 specifically, looking back at my notes at the time, there was some concern that the change originally proposed didn't catch all unsupported cases, such as memory-mapped streams, but that doesn't appear to be the case with the PR.  Being limited to scan-line files, it won't help in the current case, but it can establish the pattern for another change.  I'll merge it now.