Re: [Openexr-devel] tile flushing with compression?

From: Larry Gritz
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] tile flushing with compression?
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 16:35:23 -0800

We're generating a whole bunch of exr's simultaneously (each may have ~3 channels). At the point that the render is killed, the various files each are readable, but disagree on which buckets have been rendered.

In fact, a mostly-black AOV may have NO buckets flushed at that point. So if we simply assume that we don't need to rerender any buckets that appear in all the output files, that often makes it look like we have to rerender the whole thing.