[Openexr-devel] tile flushing with compression?

From: Larry Gritz
Subject: [Openexr-devel] tile flushing with compression?
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 16:12:34 -0800

When writing tiled OpenEXR files, we've noticed that if we use zip compression,
the zip data is not fully "flushed" when each tile is sent (particularly
noticeable with small post-zipped tiles, such as empty buckets in a render).
With no compression, it seems, the tiles really do write to the file as we send
them.

I would be eager to hear any advice to how to ensure a full flush of the zip
stream upon each tile. A call I've overlooked would be ideal, but I'd also be
interested in suggestions for where to patch the IlmImf source code (or,
alternately, any arguments for why it would not be wise to do so).

        -- lg

--
Larry Gritz
address@hidden