Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR_Viewers: building problems in OSX 10.8.3

From: Son Hua
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR_Viewers: building problems in OSX 10.8.3
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 23:51:12 +0800

Hi,

From a previous thread, it seems building exrdisplay has issues in OS X 10.8.3.
Now it looks like the bug is still there. My machine is OS X 10.9.2 Mavericks.

Previous report say the exrdisplay only installs some scripts, and the binary
is missing. On my machine, this is because of the make installation script.

What I did:

./configure
sudo make       (somehow exrdisplay is not built without sudo)
After this step, I go to the exrdisplay source folder and found the
exrdisplay.app, with the correct binary inside. But if I continue:

sudo make install

then the binary disappears and is replaced by a bash script. This makes
exrdisplay not working. Executing exrdisplay will produce some error messages:
/usr/local/bin/exrdisplay: line 3:
/usr/local/bin//usr/local/bin/exrdisplay.app/Contents/MacOS//usr/local/bin/exrdisplay:
 No such file or directory
/usr/local/bin/exrdisplay: line 3: exec:
/usr/local/bin//usr/local/bin/exrdisplay.app/Contents/MacOS//usr/local/bin/exrdisplay:
 cannot execute: No such file or directory

My current workaround is simple. After sudo make, manually copy the exrdisplay
and exrdisplay.app to /usr/local/bin.

Perhaps someone who is familiar with make and autotools, please help fix the
installation script.

Best regards,
S. H.